The Ishinryu Hombu
The Ishinryu Hombu is the hub and headquarters for Ishinryu Karate in the UK.
Our weekly lessons are an opportunity for Ishinryu Instructors and more senior grades (5th Kyu Green Stripe belt and above) to train together.
Please remember that training at the Hombu is in addition to club training – not a replacement and the lessons at the Hombu may be more technical than those delivered at club level. Training together in this way improve consistency across our clubs so that all students are taught to the same standard. Club instructors in particular are encouraged to come attend as are all Dan grades.
Currently, our lessons are restricted to a maximum of 25. Club instructors are guaranteed a place. All others will be accepted on a first come, first served basis (Please book using WhatsApp). In the event of overbooking, priority may be given to higher grades.
7:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Holy Cross Church Hall
260 Hornchurch Road
Ishinryu Hombu – Checking in
Tuesday (22nd) sees our first lesson at the Holy Cross Church Hall, 260 Hornchurch Road, RM11 1PX.
For your protection against Covid, there will be additional checks on arrival:
- Everyone must check in at the table (just inside the entrance) before entering the Dojo.
- Your temperature will be taken.
- Please use the Hand Gel available on the check-in table.
- You will need to read, and agree to, a release waiver about Covid.
- You will need to sign to confirm your understanding of the release waiver and to confirm your attendance for track and trace (please bring your own pen).
- Your licence detail is used to support track and trace. Please make sure this is current and includes up-to-date contact details.
- Please arrive already in Gi (changing facilities are not available to us for the time being).
There will be no contact between students inside the Hombu. Please always maintain distancing. Trainers will be worn throughout each session.
Anyone who has recently trained at Cranham or Woodlane should be fully familiar with these precautions.
Ishinryu Hombu – Finding Us
Next Tuesday (22nd) sees our first lesson at the Holy Cross Church Hall, 260 Hornchurch Road, RM11 1PX.
Be aware that there is no direct access from the Hornchurch road – you must first turn into Park Lane, and the car park entrance is immediately to your right (Park Lane is on the same side of the Hornchurch road as Tesco and Burger King).
There is a good amount of free parking on site.
The entrance to the Hall is to the left and will be clearly marked. For your protection against Covid, there will be additional checks on arrival (more on these in a later post). Please try and arrive by 6:45 so that everyone can be booked in and ready to train for 7.00 p.m.